Thursday, March 19, 2009

Simple yet delicious Egg Tart

I did these egg tarts this morning for breakfast.
It has a crunchy tart base.
I like this version of egg tart very much!



Pastry:
125 gm butter
125 gm margerine
125 gm icing sugar
1 egg
320 gm low protien flour

Filling:
130 ml fresh milk
45 gm caster sugar
2 eggs

Method:
  1. Pastry:- Cream butter, margerine & icing sugar until pall. Break in egg & mix well. Fold in flour & knead into a dough. Wrap in clingfirm & chill for half & hour in the fridge. Divide the dough into small portions & press into tart moulds.
  2. Filling:- Bring fresh milk to boil as using low heat. Put caster sugar & eggs into a mixing bowl & mix well. Strain & mix with hot milk.
  3. Pour some filling onto pastry & bake in a preheated oven at 170C fir 30 minutes.



*****

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Recipe please... Looks yummy o.

Thanks.

Ai Mee

My @ddictions said...

Hi Ai Mee,

Will post the recipe soon...

Cheers

Eli said...

I always encounter problem baking egg tarts. Even i've used a lower temp for my oven .. the tarts shell will turned brown while the filling still remain watery so i always end up with a burnt shell egg tarts..

Anonymous said...

so yummyyy , lama i didnt eat egg tart borrr... coz i esp lazy to do the pastry.. :) A.k

Janice said...

hello,

you are from Miri too! I was looking at your other recipes and i wonder where did you get the whipping cream and cream cheese from. how much do they cost? did u use the philadephia 1kg cream cheese? I'm not in miri at the moment but will be going back to miri for holiday and I wana bake lots and lots of things there for my brothers! =D

My @ddictions said...

Hi Janice,
I'd been to your blog too & u too bake very well :)
Whipping Cream & Cream Cheese you can get it from Boulevard Hypermarket, NG Sian Hap Trading (They got the cheapest price for cream cheese) at Piasau Area. I always get my supply from Borneo Food Land (Piasau Industry Area)Price vary depends on the brands tho...
As for philadephia 1kg, I did not came across any 1kg tho, but they do have 250gm RM9-RM10 and 2kg RM49-RM52
(Borneo Food Land don't import Philadephia cream cheese, they only import it when others brand is not available) the brand they have is Anchor, Emborg & Dairyland.
Hope it helps....
Cheers

Janice said...

ohhh...thank you very much for the information!! that's really useful info when I go back to Miri. now i know where to get cheap cream cheese :).thanks for the compliment too.i bake occasionally and I have had lots of failures (just that I don't post them on my blog hahaha). i came across philadephia 1kg but that was many yrs ago so i tot they still sell it in 1kg blocks. ago but i supposed they stopped sellign it ad. other cream cheese brand will do jz fine for me. thanks!