Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Durian Butter Cake





Recipe adapted from Aunty Yochana

Ingredients:

250 gm butter
220 gm castor sugar
5 eggs
120 gm durian flesh
60 mil milk
40 gm cake flour
200 gm cake flour
50 gm custard powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt

Method:
  1. Blend durian flesh with milk and mix in the 40 gm of flour. Leave aside.
  2. Sieve flour with baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
  3. Cream butter and sugar till light & fluffy.
  4. Add in eggs one at a time till well combined before the next addition.
  5. Add in durian and milk mixture and mix well.
  6. Fold in flour mixture and custard powder and mix till well blended.
  7. Pour into tube pan and bake at 175C for about 50 minutes.
  8. Remove from cake pan and leave on cooling pan till cool before slicing.

*****

8 comments:

The Stepster said...

you baked it yourself? i love durian! sure looks yummy =)

My @ddictions said...

Hi Stepster,
Thanks for dropping by.

These durian cake sure is yummy...^.^

Anonymous said...

do you know why the bottom part is more oily? It's like the butter is saturated there. Coz sometimes the cake i baked is like that too. Is it normal? I like aunty yochana's blog too. You should try the mango yogurt cake. Very yummy!

Ai Mee

My @ddictions said...

Hi Ai Mee,

Happy to have you here.

Did you mean its more dense at the bottom? Might be b'cos I over mix or it might be I did not beat the butter until fluffy enough or could be when I add in the egg, I did not mix it well.

cheers.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you are pro in baking cakes. Maybe you can offer me some advice... I hope you don't mind. Because i am just a beginner. Well, i have baked before. It was long long time ago...

Thanks

Regards
Ai Mee

My @ddictions said...

Hi Ai Mee,

Its my pleasure to be able to help you. Well I'm not pro in baking, I do learn from mistake and get advice from my sister and also from forum members.

Please do not shy to ask any Q, I will try my best to help solve your problem, if any :). We learn from each other K...

Cheers.

p/s: practice makes perfect

Anonymous said...

Hi

Thanks very much for fast reply. Emm.. May i know what can i call you? It's bad manners to be friends with someone you don't know their name. Or you can choose to email me at nicmee@gmail.com.

Hmm.. When i bake cake, i always fail at the cake rising part. It comes up in the oven but goes down after i take it out. I have read a lot of blogs and sites... I think i need more practice.

May i know what is the size of the eggs do you use? I'm thinking of trying the Mango Yogurt Cake again. Failed terribly... My sponge cake didn't rise.

I have tried quite a few cakes from Aunty Yochana's blog but most failed. Haha...

Cheers
Ai Mee

My @ddictions said...

Hi Ai Mee,
My name is Connie.
1. I used a medium size eggs. 60gm including shell.
2. As for the sponge cake, I seldom make it. But you can use sponge cake mix from bakery ingredient shop. It's more convenient and sure will rise well compare with you make from scratch.
I always get my ingredients from KS Tan ingredient shop behind MAS office in Miri.
Hope it helps.
Cheers.