210g plain flour
20g icing sugar
Ingredient for skin B
200g plain flour
800g chestnut paste I use lotus paste
1 egg yolk (lightly beaten)
- Divide filling into 50g portions, shape round, set aside.
- Combine flour, icing sugar and shortening of ingredient A. Add in water and knead into a soft dough. Roll it to a long stripe, cut into 16 parts.
- Combine ingredient B together. Roll into a long stripe, cut into 16 parts.
- Flatten No. 2 and wrap in No. 3. Shape round and roll like a swiss roll. Do the same with remaining pieces. Repeat the process of flatenning and rolling up once again. Pull apart and wrap in No. 1. Shape round, flatten and cut into a winter plum blossom shape. Make depression in the centre with your thumb.
- Arrange No. 4 on a baking tray lined with greased proof paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes. Cool well.
Recipe adapted from Alan Ooi Mooncakes Y3K Cookbooks