Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Polvoron (Milk Cookies)

Polvoron is a very popular dessert in Philippine.

This is for ZH's teacher who is a Filipino.

Here is another web page that provided step by step instruction.

Recipe Adapted from Aunty Yochana

Almond Polvoron (Milk Cookies)

Ingredients:

2 cups (300 gm) plain flour
1 cup milk powder of your choice (I used Fernleaf)
3/4 cup melted butter (I used 1 cup)
1/2 cup (85 gm) sugar (I used icing sugar)
1/2 cup any nuts of your choice (I omitted this)

Method:

  1. Fry plain flour in a wok over low heat till flour turns light brown & cooked. Sieve flour into a mixing & let it cool.
  2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients & mix thoroughly.
  3. Press into a polvoron plunger & push it out. If you do not have a plunger, a small cake ring will work as well. (I used pineapple tarts mould)
  4. Chill till harden before wrapping.
  5. Leave at room temperature before serving.

No comments: