These muffins are really nice.
And what most important is that I had to try 3 attempts to get it right!! :(
I over mix on my first attempt.
And my second attempt was I added 100 gm of sugar to the recipe (I want a sweeter muffin) & makes the muffins didn't rise well. . . Sigh...
Lesson: Do not Kepoh, must follow exactly to the recipe
But hey I did it at last... the recipe was adapted from Kitchen Capers Forum posted by Gina.
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup molasses
50 gm castor sugar
120 gm melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate powder
(I substitute with cocoa powder)
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Add melted butter in a mixing bowl & cream with molasses & sugar.
- Add beaten egg & mixed.
- Add flour & milk, vanilla essence, Choco powder. (Do not over mix, fold in just combine will do)
- Spoon mixture into paper cups (80%) full.
- Drop a few chocolate chips on the top.
- Baked in preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes
- Leave in oven for another 5 minutes before removing on wire rack to cool.