Steamed Sweet Potato Cup Cakes
300 gm orange colour sweet potatoes
150 gm tapioca flour
100 gm castor sugar
300 ml thick coconut milk
1/2 grated coconut, white parts only
1/2 tsp salt
(I use desiccated coconut)
Some small Chinese tea cups
- Peel, wash & cut sweet potatoes into chunks. Steam with high heat for 30 minutes until very soft.
- Put hot sweet potatoes into a cake mixer, add tapioca flour, castor sugar & beat until very smooth & fine. Slowly pour in thick coconut milk, salt & mix into very smooth thick batter.
- Sieve the batter then pour batter into small Chinese tea cups & steam with high heat for 15 minutes until cooked.
- Leave to cool before removing them from the tea cups.
- Coating: Mix white grated coconut with salt. Steam for 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Before serving, coat with white grated coconut & serve as snack.
Adapted from Agnes Chang - Delightful Snacks & Dim Sum