Or4ngy Poppy Seed Cake
Adapted from Aunty Yochana
175 ml fresh milk
1/3 cup poppy seed
200 gm butter
180 gm fine sugar
1 tbsp orange zest
1/2 cup orange juice
270 gm cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 nos eggs
1 tsp orange essence (optional)
- Soak fresh milk with poppy seed & leave aside
- Cream butter & sugar till creamy. Add in orange essence
- Add in orange zest.
- Add in eggs, one at a time till well mixed.
- Add in milk mixture & orange juice into the creaming butter & fold in the cake flour & baking powder.
- Pour into a 8" round tray & bake at 175 degC for about 50-60 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Cool on wire tack.