Matcha Chiffon Cake
5 Grade 'A' eggs (separate yolk & white)
170 gm self raising flour
150 gm castor sugar (divide into 2 portion)
90 gm corn oil
60 gm coconut milk
1 tsp matcha aka green tea powder
1 tsp cream of tatar
- In a clean bowl, put egg yolks, 1 portion of sugar, corn oil, coconut milk & matcha & mix until incorporate.
- In another clean bowl, beat egg whites with the other portion of sugar & cream of tatar until stiff.
- Combine egg whites with No. 1 slowly until mix well. Do not over stir.
- Pour into a chiffon cake mould and bake at 180C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- When cooked, turn over the cake together with the mould and let it cool.