Mango Mousse Cake
This wonderful cake was adapted from here.
You can use a basic sponge cake or swiss roll recipe for the sponge.
360 gm whipped cream
330 gm mango puree
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
mango cubes (optional)
20 gm gelatine powder
4 tbsp water
- Soak gelatine with water until dissolved it with microwave for 20 seconds.
- Pour mango puree in whipped cream, add in gelatine mixture and lemon juice.
- Add in mango cubes.
150 gm mango puree
50 gm water
1 tbsp gelatine powder
Dissolved gelatine with water. Melt it over double boiler or microwave for 20 seconds. Add in mango puree. Pour over chilled cake.
- Wrap cake ring with a cling film. (This is to prevent the mousse from leaking out)
- Lay 1 piece of sponge in center of cake ring. Sponge should be slightly smaller than ring.
- Pour half the mango mousse on the cake layer.
- Place 2nd layer of sponge on the mousse then pour in remaining mousse and let it chill in fridge till almost set.
- Do the mango mirror, and pour it over the set mousse and chill till set.