10 egg yolks
6 egg whites
8 oz caster sugar
15 oz butter
7 oz Hong Kong flour
2 oz cold water
2 tbsp ovelatte
4 tbsp condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Cream butter & condensed milk until fluffy & set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks, egg whites, sugar, Hong Kong flour, vanilla essence, water & ovelatte until fluffy - double in size.
- Combine 1 & 2 together.
- Prepare a 8" baking tray, grease & flour the pan.
- Preheat oven with top & bottom grill for 5 minutes.
- Grill the first layer with top and bottom grill for about 4-5 minutes. Monitor the surface, so it won't burn. First layer is about 4-5 tbsp.
- After first layer is done, prick with toothpicks if there is any 'breakout' aka bubble appear & press slightly with lapis press.
- Second layer onwards should use ONLY TOP GRILL. About 4-5 minutes also. Need to monitor so it won't burn. Continue to grill until the batter finish.
* This recipe is very easy to make, & you can add in haw flakes or pitted prune in the layer too. Then it will be come prune layer. Just slice the pitted prune into bites size and sprinkle on top of each layer. Personally i think 1 layer without prune & 1 layer with prune is better.
* You can also add other flavor to this cake too. Such as using coffee emulco, mocha, strawberry or any paste you like, & divide the batter for a colourful combination. Its all in your mind - how artistic you are.....